MapView is mapping software dedicated to route planning and navigation for hiking and cycling. It is very handy for geocaching lovers. It enables you to plan your trip or expedition from comfort of your home desktop computer. You can plan your tracks by simple clicking on the map, or you can view track logs from the other people. You can check your tracks with on-line satellite or orthophoto maps e.g. Google maps.
Key features of MapView:
- integrated usage of global or national online maps like google maps or USA terraserver
- use maps or charts which you scan yourself
- support for making submaps from large on-line or off-line maps
- support for reading and writing GPX files
- with cooperation of PDA version you can use your maps in your PocketPC with Windows Mobile 5.0 and above
- create or edit Waypoints, Routes and Tracks on the map and upload these to your PDA or export it to GPX
- more than 25 predefined map datums and easy way to add user defined.
- many map projections and grid systems are supported.
- map print support
- show your GPS position in real time on the map (moving map).
- altitude profile of your track
- Points of interest database
- geocaching support
- easy way to change to the other map by "maps which cover specified place" feature
- SRTMv4 and GDEM digital elevation models support
- You can see altitude profile of the planned track
- GEONames search
- Multithread support
- Tracks statistics
-Overlays support (i.e. transparent layers with labels in Google maps satellite)
MapView is a free software application from the CAD subcategory, part of the Graphic Apps category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-09-26. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
MapView (version 4.5.5) has a file size of 46.36 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 271 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.